For someone who doesn’t like beets, this one is pretty tasty. You can eat it hot or cold, so it’s good for lunches, too.
- 3 medium beets
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- feta cheese
- bag of arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Dice beets and potatoes and place in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Dice/mince garlic and onion and add to beets and potatoes. Stir in thyme, salt, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until beets are soft.
- While beets and potatoes are baking, cook lentils on stovetop.
- When the beets and potatoes are done, add lentils and goat cheese. Serve over arugula.